[pct-l] Question for the snow experts

In 2004, I started on May 4 and arrived at VVR exactly on July 4th.
(BTW, no fireworks there.) I enjoyed Southern California and didn't
try to rush to the Sierra or Canada.  And although I could  have
arrived in Canada earlier if I had really wanted to, I was still abe
to get there in Oct without skipping any sections of the trail.  I
also did resupply from the trail so I didn't have to worry about being
anywhere on any certain date.

If you don't have a specific date you absolutely have to finish
hiking, or specific dates that you have to arrive in certain
locations, my suggestion for any thru-hiker is to not worry so much
about where you think you need to be and just enjoy where you are.

Jeff