[pct-l] RE: Desert Divide

I was in Palm Springs this weekend. On my drive in Saturday, I was
trying very hard to keep my eyes on the mountains while the road kept
distracting me...
San Jac is still very heavy with snow. The top of San G is a solid
blanket of white...
During Easter festivities at my relatives home in Palm Desert, I had a
wonderful view of San Jac, the Desert Divide and Palm View Peak. It
looked as if Spitler had just a dusting of snow, while Apache Peak was
still a bright gleam of white as viewed from the desert floor.
I had a great time describing my hike from Mexico to Fobes while
pointing out where I last left off a few weeks ago.
Unless we get a long dry warm spell between now and May (it's raining
presently in Orange County), the thru-hikers are going to encounter snow
on San Jac.

Heading back home last night, I decided to avoid the mess of traffic I
knew the west bound I-10 would be. I took the 74 to Anza and headed to
Temecula before I swung north to Lake Elsinore. Lots of traffic on the
371. I passed the PCT/74 crossing and I thought I saw a flash of
reflected light from the parking area...Hikers on the trail?

My desktop wallpaper is a photo looking up towards San Jac from just
above Fobes. I can't wait to get back on the trail!

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m