[pct-l] WA Detour Info

I really enjoyed the reroute last year. I thought it was tougher than the
original route (steeper and brushier), but pretty straightforward to
navigate. I was sucking wind a few times since I was only a week into my
sobo and wasn?t quite in trail shape yet. If you?ll have 2500 miles behind
you, you?ll make short work of the climbs.

The view of Glacier Peak from Buck Creek Pass felt like it would be
incredible. It was a socked-in downpour when I was there, so I can only
imagine. The views from Little Giant Pass and Boulder Pass were exceptional.
I was particularly taken by the view up the Napeequa River valley. Very
beautiful.

The Chiwawa crossing was only ankle deep when I crossed it in the morning.
The Napeequa crossing was just over my knees in the afternoon.

I took the White River trail instead of the Indian Creek trail, thinking I?d
get back to the PCT sooner. But it was so brushy, it probably turned out to
be slower.

I had some of my best wildlife sightings in this section, as well as a
goose-pimply trail magic moment. Overall, it was fun, memorable stretch.

savant

earlier regarding the PCT detour in WA.  I'd  like to hear opinions about
the
the detour, in regard to hiker opinions on  the level of difficulty of each
route, ease of navigation, current  conditions of the trail, and any
additional info. that may be  valuable<<<<<<