[pct-l] 2005 PCT Journals

With baited bad breath, I await the wisdom and wit to be shared with
all us etrail hikers that wish they could be on the best long trail
ever conceived with the PCT class of 2005 that are about
to embark upon the snow year of years in the Sierra! In Oregon and
Washington water will be scarce and fires fierce. In the years to come,
just as now, we will seek the wisdom of the few that made it from
their journals to gain the confidence and insight needed to take that first
step,
hopefully succeeding 7 million steps later in Canada. This is going to be an
adventurous year for the thruhikers. I am only tempting myself with the
John Muir Trail in August long after your tracks have melted away. Hike your
own hike, accept the trail and nature on her terms, make experienced and
wise choices, take chances when the odds are in your favor, live for the
day,
and greet each sunrise as an opportunity to hike to a campsite with a
glorious
sunset. This will be a great, rewarding, and challenging year to be a PCT
thru-hiker! Best of luck to the PCT2005 group!