[pct-l] Jury Duty?

See if they'll let you serve sooner than your summons date.  I think they
were shocked that I asked to come in earlier but by doing so, I didn't have
to worry about the summons.  It may depend on the court, but they may only
let you postpone a couple months rather than six months and that could screw
up a thruhike.

After I served, I didn't have to worry about another summons for a few
years.

Worked for me...

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor