[pct-l] Snike bite Kit....!

Started hiking in 1958 and have rarely missed a summer in the Sierra  since.
Saw a rattlesnake between Little Yosemite and Tuolumne in  1972.  Saw
another, a huge Mojave Green near Red's Meadows in 1984.   On my thruhike I saw 5 and
only had one anus-clenching adventure when I ran head  on into one while
charging down Snow Creek Canyon.  Because I had heard  there could be lots until I
got to the Sierra, I formulated a plan, which I  tried out in the San Felipe
Hills.  I scanned ahead twenty or thirty yards,  then scanned side to side
right in front of me till I got to that point.   My first clue that there was a
flaw was the striped racer I nearly stepped  on.  Next came a Rosy Boa... same
story.   So... I abandoned that  plan.  At Lake Silverwood and coming down to
Cajon Pass I stepped within  inches without being aware and only found out
during that brief moment when the  rattle sounds and you are doing the PCT
version of the standing long jump.... a  sport for which I, no doubt, hold the
record.  I have never heard of anyone  being bitten.

"No Way" Ray  Echols