Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:40:52 -0500
From: Gary Wright <at2002@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] ice axe
To: George Ackerman <gea5775@yahoo.com>
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

On Mar 17, 2005, at 9:57 AM, George Ackerman wrote:
> Also where do we actually have to start using the bear canister?

Same as the ice axe, Kennedy Meadows to Echo Lake.

There are a wide variety of rules regarding bear canisters
in the wilderness/forest/national park areas on this section but
it isn't worth worrying about all those details if you decide
to carry the canister.  Just use it throughout this section.

Note:  This is not the only section with bears!  Just the only
section with bear canister rules.