[pct-l] Ft. Lost in the woods

That's where my father had his basic training (and
his advanced training for his engineering unit).

If you recall, my family has a long history of having
their last name butchered.

And there lies a tales in a story of when Dad has
training in Ft. Lost in the Woods (which is Dad called
it, too.)

On one of the first days of training there, one of the
soliders in his unit went up to him, noticed the name
tag and said "MAG-NAN-TIE?"  "WHAT KIND OF A NAME IS
MAG-NAN-TIE !?!?!?"

Yet another reason why the family nickname ended  up
being "Mags". :)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com