[pct-l] Books for tent reading

I bought books as I came into resorts on my longest section hike.  At
Diamond Lake the store had only romance novels or novels with double
spaced print - two or three hours of reading.  I bought the unofficial
biography of Jackie Onassis because it had the most pages and smallest
print.  That was my criteria.

That said, my favorite book for backpacking is War and Peace by
Tolstoy.  I've started it at least three times in the last 20 years, and
never managed to get half way through it, let alone finish it.  When I
got in shape I'd hike more miles, more hours, and instead of reading,
would sleep.  Now my bordering-on-ultralight has me eschew reading
altogether.  It's either walking or lying on the butt pad and staring at
the world, napping, or waiting to fall asleep just before dusk...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY