[pct-l] Books for tent reading

> I'm looking for names of books that would be good reading
> while backpacking.  I would prefer a paperback for obvious
> reasons, something not too scary or too sappy would be
> good. <

"Beyond Beef" - Jeremy Rifkin. An especially enlightening
read for hikers of the Continental Divide, though the
insights could be life-changing for just about anyone.

"The Fool's Progress" - Abbey  (will assume Desert Solitaire
and MWG are already in your collection). An autobiography
told in an allegorical style.

"Crossing Arizona" - Chris Townshend. A must read for anyone
interested in the Arizona Trail, whether in hiking it or
just learning about this fantastic fledgling route from
Mexico to Utah.

"Walking; A Little Book of Wisdom" - HD Thoreau. Possibly
THE lightest, smallest, most "preaching to the choir-esque"
ENJOYABLE read imaginable. Bring this one along to bolster
resolve during any low moments in the hike. All Thoreau is
timeless in its wisdom, but this one in particular speaks to
the walkers in this world, past present and future.

- blisterfree