[pct-l] Redford and Newman may film "Walk in the Woods"

Hey folks - Wow, it has been awhile since I last
posted here.  I just read the most interesting thing
this afternoon.  It looks like Paul Newman and Robert
Redford might film the Bill Bryson story "Walk in the
Woods".  I don't know what to think of this
possibility. I sure enjoyed the book, even if it
wasn't the best reflection on long-distance hiking.

Here is the excerpt I read:

Newman and Redford for A Walk in the Woods?
Posted on Tue, 15-Mar-2005

Before he retires, Paul Newman says he wants to make
one more flick with ol' buddy and co-star Robert
Redford. The two acting legends last starred opposite
each other in 1973's "The Sting".

According to a report on Contact Music, Bobby's been
waxing lyrical about the project that might tie them
together for the last time : A movie adaptation of
Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods".

Redford claims the Appalachian hiking story project is
something the old pals are interested in hooking up
for.

He says, "(That) might be something for Paul Newman
and me, if we're not too old. If Paul can hang on long
enough, and we can get him on the Appalachian Trail
before he gets in a wheelchair."

Newman, now 80, is apparently chasing his swansong.
He's pretty keen for that last movie to be something
with Robert Redford, so whether it's "A Walk in the
Woods" or something else, film buffs have something to
look forward to.

With this weather up in Washington I am sure I'll see
some of you on the trail fairly soon.

Eric Jensen
"OneMan"