[pct-l] pct

The place to start is to go to www.pcta.org.  Go to the store
and purchase the Southern California Guidebook.

Cabazon (near Palm Springs) is at the end of Section B.
Big Bear City is in Section C.

yogi

www.pcthandbook.com

Kraig Mottar <kraig.mottar@verizon.net> wrote:
Where is the Pacific Crest trail? I know where it is, general. But I may expand my physical fitness plan to the PCT. In town, well a bit outside of town, up hwy 38 and back down, I started a few weeks ago walking one day 15 minutes, increasing 1 minute every day, I've gotten up to 1 hour or 30 minutes up, so I figure, that's 30 minutes down, if I do the round trip non-stop. I don't alway increase the next hike 1 minute, I vary is among 1-5 minutes. My knee was hurting scaring me because of my dad's arthritis which I hear is hereditary, but that's just paranoia. I'm told, by my PE teacher, a phd is health and fitness, that it may be due to sudenn increase in activity. I run a few miles 2 days a week, then started the walking.

I want to start this system of increasing each following time, to the PCT, where I'll start with an hour 1 way or maybe 2 if it's not something I do on a daily or weekly basis. Where can I access the PCT though? I don't drive currently. I know I can take an RTA bus to Palm Desert and Palm Springs, and I know that the PCT passes the tram, so, once I get to either of thos cities, how might I get to the PCT? Or where does it go through Big Bear?

I probably need a map of it.
Please don't laugh, I don't have the 100s of miles of experience you do, but I have to start somewhere.
All help will be greatly appreciated?

Kraig