[pct-l] ADZPCTKO ride board

It doesn't look like it is working quite yet.  Overall the ADZPCTKO  website
is way ahead of where it has been for every year up to this point.   Hang in
there, we are still 5 1/2 weeks out from the event.  Carl has done  a fantastic
job of putting together the website and making as much information  available
and service to the community.  At the same time he has moved his  business
and been traveling all over and keeping his wife happy (I  assume!).   In the
coming week or two the website will be updated with  the presentation schedule,
the rideboard activated, etc., etc.

Please, keep the donations coming in so that we can manage all of the
expenses for the event that we must pay for up front.

PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to send me a check, PLEASE make it out to me,  NOT
the ADZPCTKO or PCTA.  My bank doesn't recognize either of these but  has
been rather flexible since I am a long term and good customer.

It is a widespread misconception that the ADZPCTKO is put on by the  PCTA.
This is not so.  However, we do support the PCTA, invite them  to attend and
have made donations of extra funds to them.  The ADZPCTKO is  put on by a small
loyal group of Southern California trail enthusiasts with a  great passion in
their collective hearts for the event, the hikers and the  trail.  I will try
to point most of them out at the event.  Many will  be sporting the new
ADZPCTKO hats so that you will know who to ask any question  to about the event.  We
put in many hours of planning, discussion and  activities throughout the
year, behind the scenes, insuring a great event with  great services,
entertainment, education and inspiration.

A few things to look forward to;

- A talk on hiker first aid and health
- A talk on bears and fire permits by the FS Manager for the John Muir and
Ansel Adams Wilderness Areas
- A huge, foam core board map of the entire trail
- A 9 ft. x 20 ft. screen, LCD and slide projectors and surround sound
system, all portable and relatively weatherproof.
- Great weather, great people, good food
- Ancient hikers, recent thru-hikers, wanna-be-hikers
- Old gear, heavy gear, classic gear, ultra-light gear
- The director of the PCTA update talk on the trail, the status of the
detour, new allignment possibilities
- The "Trail Gorillas" - trail maintainers will be seeking volunteers  to go
out and work with them on a close section of the trail.
- A water and snow conditions update by those in the know
- 2003 thru-hiker reunion, 2004 thru-hiker reunion, 1977 annual  thru-hiker
reunion, etc., etc.

Hike on!

Greg "Strider" Hummel