[pct-l] Re: Yogi sez.... I say....

I laughed out loud when I read the advice about Woody
Pass.  In 2002, I *did* take the abandoned route.
Very, very, very sketchy.  It was one of a couple
"calculated" risks I took that went my way more
because of good fortune than any accuracy in my
calculations.  Distance-wise, it's a lot shorter, and
is a pretty straight shot elevation wise, but I ended
up spending a lot more time on it than if I'd taken
the actual PCT, simply because I had to be super
careful with my footing.

It's probably already been stated, but sleeping bag
temperature ratings generally assume the user has warm
headcover on while using the sleeping bag (and that
the user has insulation like an air mattress or foam
pad beneath him or her).

Iron Chef

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!