[pct-l] PCT Permit

I got my permit this weekend too.  When I took a close look at it - it

says:

Permit for PCT Thru Hike

Starting Location: Manning Park, BC

Exit Location: Manning Park, BC

Gonna be a shorter hike than I anticipated :-)

Lobo

Last year my permit stated that I was leaving Campo on 4/23 and arriving
at Manning on 4/23.

I thought 2600+ miles a bit much as a day hike, but yo-yoing the PCT in
one day really is overdoing it.  On the plus side, however, you will
probably be moving so fast across the High Sierras that you will melt
the snow for the slower hikers, so that none of them will be post-holing
over passes.

When I called the PCTA and told them my desire to spend at least one
night on the trail, they sent me a corrected permit that allowed me 160
nights on the trail.  I suspect they will issue a non-yoyo permit if you
ask nicely.

Lars Nilsson

Trail Snail