[pct-l] Chartering a bus

Exactly how hard is it to get between Kennedy Meadows and Ridgecrest? One
has several public transportation options from there. (see
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~rbell/JMTTransport.html#KernRegionalTransit )

If the sierras are still snowed in by June 15, will KM even be open yet?

I've travelled in and out via both Mojave and Walker Pass. You don't want to
do Walker Pass if you can possibly help it. Mojave is much easier and you
wind up in the same place - Bakersfield. You can catch Amtrak or Greyhound
to Vancouver BC from there. Greyhound Canada can get you directly to Manning
Park Lodge.

Caveat:   It is 130 hot, mostly dry, high desert miles from Mojave to KM.
The high spot (8000 feet) is just north of Chimney Creek CG and south of KM.
Skipping those 130 miles early means a long, hot, dry walk to KM later. I
don't know how late into the season Motolady keeps her two water caches
going in section F, but you will definitely need them. The camp host at
Chimney Creek CG will shuttle you to KM for $50 or anywhere else off the
mountain for $100 cash up-front. This should be considered an emergency only
option as you're only 20 miles from KM at that point. I had to use his
services into Onyx when I got ill last year. However, there is no on-call
return trip available.

Wandering Bob