[pct-l] Chartering a bus

Pat
Sounds like a fun idea, but would everyone shower and wash their socks
before getting on?

Warner Springs Monty

Chartering a bus from Onyx, Mojave, or Tehachapi might be a thought.
They're better places to leave from on the bus, and they're better places
to leave from as you're completing your hike.  Kennedy meadows has no
public transportation and is very difficult to get in and out of.  For that
reason I'd want to use somewhere else other than Kennedy Meadows as a start
or finishing point.

On the other hand................... About that same time, June 12th-June
17th???, at Kennedy Meadows, is a really cool hiker event.
Meadow Ed, who you'll hear speak at the KickOff, originated and annually
hosts a hiker gathering at Kennedy Meadows.  Last year this included food
and some libations.  A couple more Trail Angels we had already met showed
up.  At night we sat around the fire and Ed told stories, great
storyteller, about the great unknowns of the High Sierras.  A lot of
unanswered questions were answered about obsticles ahead.
At the KickOff  Ed spoke about water to this point. (he may have started
the first organized caches).
At Kennedy Meadows he told us a lot about from that point north.

Well maybe you're right.  Bus from Kennedy Meadows.

Warner Springs Monty