[pct-l] Sandals and shoes

Two questions
1.    I did the JMT last summer and am planning a PCT trip for 2006.  I lugged a 15 ounce pair of Teva sandals for creek crossings and wearing around camp. It was a luxury that I don't want to give up, but wouldn't mind giving up some of that weight.  Any suggestions for lighter creekwear for my feet.
2.    I've read with interest the discussion on New Balance 806's.  I noticed that I tended to go over on my ankle to the outside (over pronate?) when I was wearing mine. I have a really wanky wide forefoot and toes and really liked the roominess of my 806's. I like the NB footbeds better than my superfeet but they are pretty thick and take up a lot of room.    My baseline packweight was about 18 lbs. so I kept that pretty light.  Any suggestions to correct the shoe problem? Different shoes? Do I have to go to a mid cut for more ankle support?