[pct-l] Sierra Liebre in early April 2005?

Hello all,

I was hoping to hike the Sierra Liebre section just south of the Mojave
Desert (Lake Hughes Road to Pine Canyon road) and also to drive on sections
of Maxwell & Sawmill Roads that parallel the PCT in this section, in the
first week of April.

BUT...

If it is a mess of slush/mud or the roads are closed due to all of the
rain/snow,

OR

If the recent fires have severely damaged the area,

THEN I guess I should look for another place to go.

If anyone has some info on the current conditions or prophecies about
conditions in early April 2005, please reply.

thanks, Richard

--
Richard Henderson
Fisher Center for Strategic Use of Information Technology