[pct-l] PCT South Bound Hikes.

Sounds even better for a flip flop. Kennedey meadows by June 15, then
Manning.

If there was ever a year to do a SB hike THIS is the year!!. No snow at
White Pass which is a record. YOu can start at Canadian Monument 78 JUne
15th with no trouble. If you start on a NB trip this year, be prepared for
some ugly passes in the Sierras and a host of fires up north as Washington
will be dry as a bone. This the lowest snow year in recent times in
Washington as California is getting all our weather. I can't remember hiking
in winter in the Olympics without setting up a tent. It is just like May in
our mountain now. A June start is great for college students as they can
finish school and still have time to do a thru-hike. Don't forget to
register for the PCTA meeting in Portland April 9th weekend....Good Luck AND
beware OF THE PASSES this year....