[pct-l] Tick Talk

Most ticks in the chaparral transfer to hikers when they rub against brush--
which is constant if you're bushwhacking it. I've come back from
cross-country traverses  loaded up with ticks on my pants and that had
dropped into my shoes. They will go for hairy areas of the body so don't let
them "get into your pants". The problem will be especially acute this year
because the nymph survival will be high due to the rains. Also, I've heard
horror stories about the ticks dropping out of the pines in the Lagunas.
Also, look for a year favorable to high tick densities there. Further up the
trail I am not sure about, but others might be.