[pct-l] Poison Oak

There are plants on the PCT which look a lot like poison oak but aren't -
i.e. Squaw bush (http://ww1.clunet.edu/wf/des/flowers/fwr-535.htm).  Some
people think they are immune but it is just that they have been in squaw
bush or one of its cousins instead.

I am somewhat allergic to poison ivy but do not seem to be allergic to
poison oak.  Jim is drastically allergic to poison ivy, but had no reaction
to anything on the pct.

On the other hand, in northern California I sometimes had minor rashes on my
legs from heat, bugs, etc. which could have been partly poison oak - they
just weren't nearly as bad as my poison ivy rashes (e.g. not painful).
Ginny