[pct-l] Alpine Style Thru-hiking?

>>However, the
>>reroute is conveniently located a minute from Endo's
>>Adrenaline Café. During
>>our 2003 CT thru-hike, we couldn't pass up chocolate
>>sundaes and cokes at Endos.

Ah yes...Copper was a great stop. The trail goes right
behind the complex, and, as mentioned is a hop, skip
and a jump from a great bar and grill (and the post
office, too). The prices weren't bad by ski resort
standards (and VERY good by hungry hiker standards.
:D), the burgers were thick, juciy and scrumptuous;
the staff was very friendly. They seemed used to the
parade of CT/CDT hikers that stop there over the
summer.

So, why give that up to eat dried fruit indeed? :D

Methinks the "alpine style thru-hiking" = carry lots
of food w/o re-supplying. Nothing too radical. I also
think it was just a way to get some publicity for his
company. Other hikers have done similar paces and
styles of hiking. They just don' have a PR department.
;-)

To each their own. As I said, I'll stick to the juicy
burgers in town!

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com