[pct-l] The Mojave River

AsABat wrote:

>Crossing the dam is actually the method recommended by the current edition
>of the guide book. When I hiked that section before ADZ last April the
>official PCT was very overgrown and we easily chose to cross the dam.
>
>AsABat

I just re-read the guidebook following our morning hike in the area.  We
were standing on the south side of the river at the crossing of Deep
Creek,  looking for trail on the other side, and no trail was evident.
That entire slope was underwater, so the tread may be obliterated. We
will make another trip out and look for it.   If you choose to walk down
from the  top of the dam on the road  beside those white posts (as the
guidebook recommends),  you will have a second debris field to cross.
There is considerable debris on the road for about 100 feet.
llamalady