From: "Deems" <losthiker@sisqtel.net>
To: <Slyatpct@aol.com>
Cc: "pct" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Filling Holes in the Marble Mountain Wilderness

These acquired lands will gain "Wilderness" status, and will be just as
protected as all other Wildernesses Areas.
I agree, the present administration has a skewed view of nature being
protected from human hands. They enjoy the
systematic dismantling bit by bit of our environmental protection
legislation, international treaties, national integrity,
and the worldwide respect that America has gained through decades of
recognizing and protecting human rights,
national wilderness treasures, and a century of environmental conservation.
Wilderness status may only be another legal
loophole they will see as quaint, outdated, and inconsequential in their
profit based agenda. One of the key bricks
in their foundation is to remove the citizens' and people's voice from the
environmental decisions and the legal
process, and place all protection in the realm of a voluntary choice by
industry who in their mind will be nature's steward.
I hope they will fail, and America will finally wake up from this really bad
dreamstate we seem to be trapped in...for the losses
these last four years are disastrous!!