[pct-l] Spinnshelter test reports

Hey all,

The initial test report on the Gossamer Gear Spinnshelter are completed
and can be found here -> http://www.backpackgeartest.org/gossamergear/
for anyone who is interested. The opportunity to have the Spinnshelter
tested by an objective group of parties has been very rewarding for me,
and I have been given good feedback. Just wanted to pass on my
appreciation to the group and the testers.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear

PS - Can't help but agree with Greg H's assessment of the Backpacker
magazine correlation between featured (ultralight) products and
advertising revenue. I understand that's how the world works, but I
guess I wish the magazine didn't con people into thinking, for example,
that the Golite Lair is the lightest single person tarp. 12 oz for a
tarp with no front doors versus the Spinnshelter at 8.7 oz with 4 doors
and full weather coverage. hmmm. Then again, we don't advertise
(otherwise we'd have to jack up the price - no thanks!).