[pct-l] Bugs

> how many just use clothing, and for those who use a tarp, what do you do at night?

No chemicals here and I also use a tarp.

My bug clothing consists of a tight woven/breathable polyester wind suit and headnet.
This is the attire I use during the day when the mossies get *bad*. If the bugs are so-so,
I'll just use a capilene long sleeve, with the above mentioned wind pants and no headnet.
They seem to go for the legs the most. Note, the mossies WILL bite through the capilene,
but as long as you are moving and they aren't real bad, it's not a problem.

At night I add a balaclava under the headnet and light wool gloves. The gloves are thick
enough that a probiscus can't reach the skin. It's a very cozy setup, you don't need
to setup any shelter and it's very light.

The downside is, some folks are bothered by the buzzing in your ears. I sleep soundly with
the knowledge that it's special torture for the mossies, "so close, yet so far" :)

Scott

Home     : http://DelNorteResort.Com