From: Craig Milo Rogers <rogers@isi.edu>
Sent: Jan 24, 2005 3:46 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Military Assuaged over Tejon Development

	The Tejon Ranch Corp. which owns lots of land in the Tahachapi
Mtns., has proposed to create a new town (Centennial, which sounds
like something James Mitchner wrote about) or two in the near future.
One impediment to that plan was concern by the U.S. military that
development in the area would close air routes that are used for
aircraft pilot training.

	According to this article, the U.S. DoD has agreed that the
proposed Tejon Ranch development won't degrade the DoD's ability to
train its pilots in the area:

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/v-print/story/12126080p-12996959c.html

	This is related to the PCT because there is the rumor that,
if allowed to implement their development plans, the Tejon Ranch Corp.
will allow the rerouting of the nearby portions of the PCT to a more
favorable (higher, cooler, more crest-like) alignment.

					Craig Milo Rogers