[pct-l] sound devices, poles, and bears

>My theory...
>...I snapped a photo of its retreat. That shelter had a
>bear pole, but we heard nothing else that night.

	Each hike for their own experience.  I like to hike with no poles
and no radio.  The sounds of nature are full, but not overbearing.  Noise
pollution can become very difficult for me in society.

	I had not thought about why I was seeing things that other hikers
hadn't.  Not only bears, but many kinds of wildlife were easier to approach.
One of my problems in the 2000 hike was poor planning on how to holster a
camera for fast and quiet access.

PEDestrian