[pct-l] tech

I'm not really annoyed by it, but, apparently some are. For me its not a case of being annoyed, but of thinking, why bother. If I saw on a hike and saw someone with an electronic game like a playstation I'd probably stop and maybe play on it and be on my way and not really miss it. Though, I might have a different attitude if someone who came with me brought one along. I have a playstation myself and enjoy it, in my house. I guess some people are more addicted to technology than others.

If I'm taking a trip to the wilderness I leave the tech home, but if I lived there, and I'm sure some do and will as the world gets more complicated as it will, I might have a little of the tech.

I guess it's a matter of severity. I'll take the goretex gloves, GPS, and notebook, but not a computer or tons of radio equipment. As for radio equipment, tons of radio equipment will fit in your pocket, it's called a repeater.

I also have the same attitude you do, the wilderness is large, and if the person yacking on the cel phone bothers me I'll go a few miles farther.

Kraig