[pct-l] Verizon cell phone coverage

Verizon and AT&T will have better coverage than the PCS systems. A phone
with analog (tri-mode for Verizon) can make a difference. I've had mixed
luck in Southern California. As you know, the JMT will have limited coverage
except for the passes.

On the long ridge south of Sonora Pass I had excellent coverage with
Verizon, only to find no service at the pass and highway itself. I had
called for a ride from the ridge, but had to switch to ham radio at the
trailhead.

AsABat