[pct-l] resupply question

In a message dated 1/17/2005 7:03:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sriprank@yahoo.com writes:

>>>Of the towns in the Sierras Independence is one of the  easiest to get to.
<<<<
 Lonepine is bigger than Independence... more services, etc. and it  IS
easier to get to.  It's only 3 or 4 miles to the road head and almost no  elevation
to gain, and only a thousand or so feet to lose on the east  side.  I have
hitched there 3 times and never spent more than an hour  getting a ride.  On the
down side, you would have to carry two more days  food, three if you plan to
summit Whitney. I did it and was glad. On the other  hand, I know of no one
else who did or who even agrees with me.  <G>

"No Way" Ray  Echols