From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of GSL38@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 8:27 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Lake Morena to Hwy. 94

I just came back from taking 18 Girl Scouts (ages 12-17) hiking from Lake
Morena to Hwy. 94 (yes, we went N-S).  LOTS of water.  We saw at least 6
waterfalls on the trail, had to cross about 8 water/stream crossings, and
part of the
trail was a flowing creek that you had to straddle as you walked.  It was
GREAT.  It was a very long day for the girls (they didn't get done until
7:00
p.m.) but taking the group picture at the terminus made it all worth while.
Next
month they are going from Stephenson Peak to Boulder Oaks if the Lake
Silverwood to I-15 doesn't look very promising due to weather conditions.

Donna Smith
Backpack Advisor Troop 3000