[pct-l] Re: Sleeping bags, dogs, and guidebooks

Thanks for the advice on sleeping bags too--this is what I thought all along,
I just had to convince my significant other of the fact.  I sleep really
cold, too--so I may even try to find a liner for my 20-degree bag.  Any advice on
clothing?  Do we need polypros, fleeces?  I hiked with the patented
three-layer system last year:  base layer, fleece, rain jacket on top, running tights
and rain pants on bottom, polypros for both top and bottom for sleeping and rain
and cold.  I gave up the fleece and the polypros for the summer.  Do I need
all those layers for all parts of the PCT?  Or can I forgo the fleece in the
desert, or maybe in N. California in the middle of summer?  What about rain
gear?  The rumors on the AT are that there are no more that five days of rain on
the whole PCT, a rumor about which I'm highly skeptical.  Can anyone refer to
me a clothing gear list on trailjournals that's fairly thorough?

Of course, I know I need no rain gear at all if I carry an umbrella.  :)

I knew the dog question was controversial, I didn't realize it was more
controversial on the PCT.  One of you lovely people referred me to trailjournals of
people who actually hiked with dogs this past year--that will probably be the
most helpful.  I'll also read what's in the archives--can you refer me to a
specific month?  And any word on when the 04 archives will be up?

Anyway, thanks again to everyone, and I'll ask more questions as I have
them...

Marzipan-Melissa
AT04