[pct-l] Music on the trail

for my thru hike this year, i want to take the opportunity to soak up as
many audiobooks as i can (mostly lots of classics that i've never read
because i'm a really slow reader and easily get discouraged). while it
may be overkill and a bit too heavy for most (7.2 oz), i'm planning on
getting an iriver h340:

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/hd/h340.aspx

it's like a 40gig ipod, and costs the same, but it has alot more
features going for it, such as fm radio, color screen, photo
storage/viewing (plus you can actually dump photos into it directly from
a digital camera via "usb-on-the-go"), 15 hour battery life (i think the
ipod runs 12 hours), etc...

anyway, this will be one of my few techie luxury items... in terms of
cramming audiobooks in it, i'll run out of time converting audiobook CDs
before i actually run out of room on the iriver... hopefully i'll manage
to get ~100 audiobooks processed between now and adz...

i REALLY want to get the unabridged 22 cd set of joyce's ULYSSES but
none of the local libraries have it and it's pretty expensive:

http://tinyurl.com/6ry7x

pea