[pct-l] Ozark Trails

A correction/addition:  the OT, or Ouachita Trail, is
192 miles long and runs east-west through Oklahoma and
Arkansas.  The Ouachita Mountains are separate, and
different than the Boston Mts through which the OHT,
or Ozark Highlands Trail, runs.  The Ouachita Mts are
one of the only east-west running mountain ranges in
the world; they are similar in size and shape to the
Blue Ridge in Virginia on the AT.  The climbs may not
be as high as those on the AT (compare 1000-foot
climbs to 2000 or 3000 ft on the AT), but the views
and terrain is very similar.

There are guidebooks to both the OT and OHT.  Both
trails can be hiked year-round.  This is a great time
of the year to hike them.  I've hike most of the OT,
if anyone has specific questions.  I can't say enough
about how wonderful the trail is....very remote and
beautiful.

Nocona
Native Flatlander, East Texas