[pct-l] question for the ladies

If you have long hair and you want to keep it, then don't cut it just
for the trail!  I've got long thick black hair.  I just put it up in a ponytail.
You know when you use a hair tie and you're pulling it through several
times before ending up with a ponytail?  Well, I don't pull it all the way
through the last time.  This makes my ponytail shorter, keeping my
hair off my shoulders.

You'll have to choose your sunhat carefully.  Check out REI's Paddler's
Hat.  It has a wide brim like a normal sunhat, but it also has a hole in
the back like a baseball cap does.  This is perfect for pulling your hair
out of the hat.  I've tried stuffing my hair up in a normal sunhat --- that's
WAY too hot.

As far as cleanliness goes, I've actually never thought that my hair
was more or less clean than any other thru-hiker's hair.

No floods here, but the high temperature tomorrow is supposed to
be 16 degrees.  ugh.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Elizabeth <betseylou@mac.com> wrote:
I have a question for the women of the PCT:

While hiking the trail, did you opt with longer or shorter hair? I have
pretty long hair, and I'm wondering whether it would be best to keep it
long (and be able to put it up) or cut it short (and probably keep it
cleaner?).

Just bored in the rain (California isn't the only place flooding),

Elizabeth
Marietta, Ohio