[pct-l] So Cal Snow

Actually the snow level is very HIGH ---- most of the resorts are concerned that their base will be melted away bt the rains.  In the San Berdoos there is NO snow where Ilive at 5500 and slush below 7000.Now the peaks that's another story   - no reports on that ---- As for the PCT ---- it ventures above 7500 at Onxz and  at Baden Powell everything else will need some serious trail gorilla work.

shutterbug

Bighummel@aol.com wrote:

It has been raining HARD and almost consistently for the past three days at
my home near the foot of Mt. Baldy. I can't wait for the clouds to clear and
get a good view of the San Gabriels. The snow level must be very low.

It just occurred to me this morning that I am really glad that I have a roof
over my head at this time of year and am not camping in a sil-nylon tarp,
hoping the GD rain will quit!

Greg

In a message dated 1/8/2005 4:25:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,