[pct-l] Training for PCT 2005

I'm sitting here warm and dry on the northern california coast and
wondering if I'll ever rekindle my ambition to section hike all the PCT.
I did almost all the JMT over a few years in the 70's -- strictly heavy
weight, always be equipped for (almost) everything. Here we've had a
couple of days of rain and hail and such. No snow down here. Today
though I had cabin fever and had to get out. I wore some of my newer BP
gear -- Marmot Precip parka and pants over Patagonia underwear. Once I
got moving I was warm enough. I happened to pick a break between showers
so didn't get a douse test.

However I am thinking that all of you palnning to do the PCT this summer
should try out yourselves and your gear hiking in a cold rain. This will
test your gear in relative safety as well as either strengthen your
resolve or end it.

So what do you think?

My 2?.

John