[pct-l] Training for PCT 2005

Sorry to hear about your weather, its great here in Australia (summer).
Just did a three day hike on the Bogong High Plains in Victoria to try
out my new
Gossamer gear Mariposa, which I found to be an excellent one pound
pack, really should be considered by you 2005 thru hikers IMHO :-)
For you really serious PCT hikers, I suggest hiking in Australia and
New Zealand for your pre-PCT hiking training instead of cringing in
your storm bound cabins. We have good beer, all types of terrain from
desert to jungle to mountains and if you go to NZ you can do some
alpine ice and snow passes. By the time the April kick off comes around
you will be acclimatised to almost anything. PS we don't have any
bears.
Also its blueberry season here again!
best regards to all
David Booth