[pct-l] PCT

I have just joined the pct-l and this is my first post.   I am planning
on going after the speed record on the PCT this summer starting on June
4.   Ray Greenlaw ( the current speed record-holder ), Brian Robinson (
second fastest ), and Bob Ellinwood have been giving me a lot of
guidance.  Bob lives near me in VA and has educated me a lot about the
PCT.   The record that Ray and  Brian set is entirely different than
what i will be doing.   They did it unsupported and i will be doing it
with support.  Gary and Millie Buffington will be helping me from the
start to Kennedy Meadows.  Brian Robinson will be crewing me throught
the high Sierras and a friend of mine from here in VA, Jonathan Basham,
will be helping me the last month.
I previously held the speed record on the Applachian Trail and the Long
Trail.   I look forward, with great anticipation, to a tremendous
challenge in some very beautiful country.   Logistically, it is going to
be a REAL challenge.

I look forward to learning from you more about the PCT.   I have a lot
of questions and i look forward to help from many of you.   I would also
appreciate help in some logistical matters if you feel so inclined.

I am a trail lover.   I run primarily on trails and i am a maintainer on
the Appalachian Trail.   I also build trails on our campus.

In Christ
David Horton