From: Brett <blisterfree@isp01.net>
Sent: Jan 7, 2005 5:15 PM
To: Kraig Mottar <kraig.mottar@verizon.net>, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: Re: [pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

Better yet, _decrease_ your packweight as your fitness
increases. The more fit you become, the more mileage per day
you may want to hike. A lower packweight will translate to
higher daily mileages for little or no additional effort.
And because you will gain the ability to hike higher daily
mileages, your food weight between town stops - and your
water weight between sources - will decrease accordingly.

The lighter you go, the more you can lighten further. Don't
fall into the trap of experience/fitness equating with a
higher packweight. It's a fool's bravado.

- blisterfree