[pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

The most miserable looking group we saw on our trip this summer was a
group of about 12 boy scouts carrying absolutely massive packs from
tuolomne toward Cathedral peak.  No smiles, only very pained looks -
even their leaders!  I'd certainly bet some of them were carrying half
their weight.

David
david@dalbey.org

:
:Some have told our Boy Scouts that they pack weight should be 1/4 your
:body weight...now seriously, we have a few 70 pounders in our
:Troop....and NONE have ultra-light gear. Coleman bags, some have
:full-sized packs, Boy Scout mess kits...
:One kid, I found HUGE carabineers in his pack! Along with 2 gallons of
:water....in separate 10 oz. plastic bottles...
:They're lucky to be able to go HALF their weight! And then they still
:want to bring along the "game boys".
:
:
:M i c h a e l   S a e n z
:McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
:A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
:w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m
:
: