[pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

Well, at 6'-1" and 250 pounds, I can stand to loose a few...
I keep telling myself that if I lost 10 pounds, it's be that much less
than I have to carry!
;)

Seriously, though. We ALL know that the ideal pack weight is: zero! So
the bottom line answer would be: go as light as you possibly can!
Anything else is a luxury that will get re-evaluated 100 miles into a
thru-hike...

I loved that scene in "Walk" where that girl (Glory?) talked about
writing her phone card number down so she didn't have to carry it!
That just about sums up the discussion...

Some have told our Boy Scouts that they pack weight should be 1/4 your
body weight...now seriously, we have a few 70 pounders in our
Troop....and NONE have ultra-light gear. Coleman bags, some have
full-sized packs, Boy Scout mess kits...
One kid, I found HUGE carabineers in his pack! Along with 2 gallons of
water....in separate 10 oz. plastic bottles...
They're lucky to be able to go HALF their weight! And then they still
want to bring along the "game boys".

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m