[pct-l] Reds vs Vermillion Store

Suge

The young woman you describe may have been Carlie, PCT class of 2004.  I
met her in Big Bear.  Her and her husband worked at Reds Meadows for six or
seven years, I think.  Last time I saw her was near July 4th.  We were both
in the Reds Meadow store.  It got busy, so she jumped behind the counter to
help out for 10 minutes.  When the rush died she told me she had been a
waitress there until last year. Talking to hikers for years, she was
finally taking her own hike.  You may have very well been one of those
hikers who planted the PCT bug.  Her and her hiking partner Amber made it
to Canada.

Warner Springs Monty

when I was there in 2003.  Above average bacon double cheeseburger, and
superb pie a la mode served up by a young woman  who understood where
hikers hearts are.

> Suge
>
> ---------------------------
> Christopher Willett
> cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
> www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett
> Pierce College
> 9401 Farwest Drive SW.
> Lakewood, WA. 98498-1999

> > I don't specifically remember deet, but they did have a good supply of
food in the store when I

> > was there in 2003. If you want to see VVR store photo's of Store goto:
(Sorry some are blurry)