[pct-l] Alien space probe or ???

O.K.  This has been bugging us since our JMT hike last summer.  Please
follow the link below to the picture.  We saw these several times along the
course of the trail and are trying to figure out what they are cause from.
The picture linked below covers an area about 4' x 3'.  Strider?? Geologists
in the group??  If we don't get a better explanation we'll keep on assuming
these are the craters left by the alien probes millennia ago!

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=75805

David

david@dalbey.org