[pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

I've seen 5lb dry wt systems on the PCT. I carry about 15lbs dry wt, am lightly built, and weigh 150 lbs. So I'm at the 1:10 ratio today. Fuel, water, and food wts add more. I dream about those 1:30 ratios tho!!  In 1976 on the PCT I had a 1:2.4 ratio or 55/130, and it took a great toll on my body and contributed to an injury.  I've also carried in my less than enlightened hiking period 1:1.8 for 2 wk vacations, and it hurt and was unpleasant. The ratio is almost a measurement of comfort toleranc;, if you need less to succeed in your hike and survive comfortably then your ratio can be higher. As always it's a balance between success, survival, and comfort. Slightly built ectomorphic people generally need lower ratios than the larger endomorphic hikers. With the current hi tech ultalite equipment available today, the trail lifestyle has never felt better or lighter.  HYOH..