From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Monty Tam
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:22 PM
To: pct-l
Subject: [pct-l] Using Alcohol ...for Cooking

I've never used alcohol for cooking.  I noticed most thru-hikers, especially
experienced, do.  How much alcohol (in ounces) does it take to boil 3 cups
of water?  2 cups?  High altitude?  Low altitude?  How much does the pop can
weigh?  How much does the pot base weigh?  Will regular foil folded in
layers work as a wind screen?

Warner Springs Monty

metam01@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.