[pct-l] Muir vs Vermillion Store

I just realized that the Muir Ranch is REAL close to the trail.  I think
its around 1/2 mile difference taking the Muir loop.  Vermillion is 12
miles(or is that six?) round trip or a $16 round trip boat ride.  Both have
stores.  I don't know anything about the Muir ranch except I cringed about
the $25 package fee(or is that higher).  For the $10 difference, or to
resupply in the store, I might  do different this year.   I like Jim and
his crew at Vermillion, but I may pass it up this year.  Can anyone tell me
if they sell enough stuff (food and deet) in the store to get me to Red's
Meadow?

Monty

<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
> Date: 1/4/2005 8:11:59 AM
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] Packers
>
> See http://www.qnet.com/~sierramel
>
> Long Valley Llamahaul
> a.. Melanie Garside
> a.. 35 W. Axford Lane
> a.. Bishop, Ca. 93514
> a.. (760) 872-7666 Monday thru Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific Standard
> Time only.
>
> Vermillion Valley Resort will be cheaper than Muir Trail Ranch, and a lot
> easier to send supplies to.
>
> Wandering Bob Bankhead

PCT