[pct-l] pct where?

I upgraded to a ULA P2 backpack last year and have been very happy with
it.  I think their website is www.ula-equipment.com I used it on my JMT
hike last summer & my only complaint was I couldn't easily reach the
mesh side pockets to remove my water bottle.  Other than that, I love
it.  It also has neat pockets on the waist belt for holding my camera,
snacks and my Garmin E-Trex GPS, which is probably about the cheapest &
most basic GPS you'll find.  From what I understand, a GPS is not really
necessary on the PCT.  I brought it along on the JMT more for
entertainment & marking campsites & features along the way so when I
returned I could upload them to my PC & map software.  For about $100 it
works fine.  You may be able to pick one up cheaper on ebay.

David
david@dalbey.org

:I'm probably going to have to replace my backpack as I think
:its pretty fubar. Its been a while since I bought it so what
:are the prices? I'll be getting hiking boots. I hope I'm not
:boring anyone. I want to get a GPS to tell how far I've hiked,
:what do they cost? A small one to afix to my waist or backpack.
:
:Happy trails,
:
:Kraig